Friday, January 19, 2018

26 Great Nail Art Ideas Presents ~ Embellished or 3D

Hello Dahlings!

This time we have embellished or 3D manis to show you!

I did this...

 I decided to try something totally new to me...3D gel nails!
I've been using gel for my protective enhancements for several years
& I've used gel polish for vacation manis before,
but I've never used it for nail art.
I usually use regular polish for the art over the gel.
I got the idea/instructions from this video on sweater nails
from Nail Career Education.
You can get a similar look using matte & texture polishes,
it will just take longer to do & may not last as long as gel.

 Here's the sad news...the 2 colors of gel I used are no longer available. 

Bundle Monster neon purple gel polish.
(I got this in a set, but the current purple is more blue leaning.)

CH Nail 017 from Born Pretty Store.
(BPS doesn't even carry luminous/gitd gel polish anymore,
but Amazon does HERE I haven't tried this polish yet, but I plan to do so.)

(I got the set as no-wipe tc is supposed to work with powders.)

Not pictured ~
Unt Ready for Take Off peel off base coat
(I used 2 coats & this way I won't have to soak my skin in acetone
or spend hours filing to remove this mani next week.)

Sensationail Base & Top Gel Coat
(available at drugstores)

clear acrylic powder
(I got mine at Sally's Beauty Supply, but you can find it online.)

a teeny tiny brush for painting with the gel
(I got mine on Amazon, but any nail art brush will do.)

The texture isn't any worse than wearing regular texture polish
& less textured than some of my polishes.


 This is why I didn't use the luminous gel polish for the base color.
I wanted the 3D part to show in the dark cuz...me.

>^. .^<

 Ciri...that's MY pizza, not yours!

Diva, dahling, this is cute, but won't work once you're full grown.
(My laptop flips into a tent to be just a monitor,
but it isn't that large a space under there. LOL)

Thanks for stopping by
& please visit the others 
for more Great Nail Art Ideas!
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. Your manicure is amazing! I love it!! and your kitten... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Alas, the gel without sealing top coat didn't fair well over peel off base coat. I had to work last Saturday & this monthly class is often hard on my nails. I noticed Sunday morning that I had quite a few tip chips in the gel polish & it was starting to separate around the edges. Still, it was fun to do & would be a great technique for a special occasion. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.